- I -
Four Suits Magic is a boutique magic creative studio. Our team consists of sleight-of-hand and mentalist performers, OSCP specialists, visual artists, and product designers; with additional practitioners working with us on a project-to-project basis. While our skills and backgrounds are diverse, we have a shared mission: To introduce new, engaging, and thoughtful experiences of magic.
Our team is currently focused on work in the following...
- Partnering with alternative performance venues for an unexpected and magical experience for their guests.
- Production design and effect creation for magicians.
- Targeting innovative structures of play within the casino.
From close-up performances and stage acts at nightclubs or private events, to filling a theatre for our full-length stage productions, our team has done it all. With international performance credits ranging from The Magic Castle and Black Rabbit Rose (Hollywod, CA), to Amaze in Tchaiovna (Prague, CZR) to The West End Lounge and Rogue's Magic Gallery (New York, NY), our team has the ability to make any performance engagement unforgettable.
Skilled in the deceptive arts as well as advantage and alternative play at table games, we offer our detective skills for those on the look out for the swindlers among us. We have offered our unique toolkit to those seeking to secure games in a variety of settings, ranging from serious home games to more formally established venues and tournaments.
Sharing our skills is one of our greatest passions, whether by performing ourselves or developing the performances of others. We offer private consultation sessions in a variety of magic applications and have launched the careers of sleight-of-hand card magicians, mentalists, and occult practitioners, many of which you already know.
Additionally, we have offered our consultation services to cinematic and theatrical projects, with credits ranging from film-set consultation in magic effects to hand doubling for object and card manipulation. We serve those wishing to formally incorporate magic into their projects, or simply those interested in adding an element of the impossible.
- II -
- October 2018
- Sep 30, 2018 ALTÆR: "The Best Halloween Magic Show Experience in Los Angeles 2018"
- Sep 20, 2018 Cardistry-Con 2018: Hong Kong
- Sep 13, 2018 That Has to Stop
- Sep 7, 2018 A Sober Realization of Performance Context
- August 2018
- Jul 26, 2018 Future Stars of Magic Week (Pt. 1) @ The Magic Castle
- Jul 24, 2018 The Role of the Artist
- Jul 19, 2018 The Extra Mile, the Last Mile, and the Only Mile
- Jul 13, 2018 Gifts & Sacrifice: A Review of David Blaine Live
- Jul 8, 2018 Magic Live 2018 (What To Do) + 1 Year Anniversary (Thank You!)
- Jun 28, 2018 People Stopped Looking
- Jun 21, 2018 A Medium's Most Important Tool: Power Drill
- Jun 9, 2018 An Open Letter to a Friend & Magician No Longer Here
- Jun 7, 2018 (Cr/D)uel Reality
- Jun 1, 2018 Talk to Me
- May 25, 2018 Joel McHale on Magic | "Teller-izing"
- May 18, 2018 Where Are We Going?
- May 13, 2018 Vapid Card Juggling: Collected Thoughts on Cardistry
- May 10, 2018 BlogCast Ep. 1: People Love what We Hate
- May 4, 2018 Every New Idea Faces Rejection
- April 2018
- Mar 29, 2018 Magic & Security
- Mar 22, 2018 Vinny DePonto w/ some Visual Poetry
- Mar 15, 2018 David Copperfield (Magician) Dad-Dicks Government Employee
- Mar 8, 2018 Osmosis + Reverse Osmosis
- Mar 2, 2018 Down Memory Lane - Release
- Feb 23, 2018 How Good is Your Shuffle
- Feb 16, 2018 What is Magic, cont’d — H.B.’s later thoughts on a text conversation
- Feb 13, 2018 Calen Morelli and Cinematic Magic
- Feb 1, 2018 A Discussion Piece: Javi Benitez, Jeff McBride, Shin Lim
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- Oct 27, 2017 An Open Question:
- Oct 20, 2017 The Dangers of Mentalism: On the Fringe but not Of it
- Oct 13, 2017 Review: Xeno by Marc Kerstein
- Oct 5, 2017 "What is Magic?": A Conversation (via text) Between H.B. and J.R.
- Oct 1, 2017 Fracture
- Sep 22, 2017 The Dangers of Mentalism: Walking the Line by Necessity
- Sep 14, 2017 Movement vs. Amazement
- Sep 7, 2017 The Woman Illusion @ Theater for the New City, NYC
- Sep 1, 2017 The Dangers of Mentalism: an Introduction
- Aug 29, 2017 A.P. Resources:
- Aug 19, 2017 Non-Magic Movies and Books Every Magician Should Watch and Read (Vol. 1)
- Aug 11, 2017 Blindfolded Solitaire
- Aug 3, 2017 Misdirection: Can I Play with Your Frank?
- Aug 3, 2017 Out of the Office (Last Weekend)
- Jul 20, 2017 Divination Rites and Sleight-of-Hand, or: Mixing Magic with Magic
- Jul 13, 2017 Wiccan Breakfast
- Jul 5, 2017 Pre-Show, Dual Reality, and Careful Scripting
- Jun 29, 2017 The Master of the Script: Derren Brown’s “Secret” Show Review NYC 2017
- Jun 23, 2017 Konami @ The Dinner Table
- Jun 14, 2017 Welcome: Why?
- Jun 6, 2017 Boom!
- III -
Created by Ariel Shrum, “Out of Mind” is an effect based on Dai Vernon’s classic “Out of Sight, Out of Mind." After a card is thought of, the deck is mixed and the magician begins cutting off packets of cards. The participant stops the magician wherever they want and there at that spot their card is found.
Ariel has updated the effect to be more streamlined and impactful, including some of his own subtleties, handling, and performance notes.
Total running time: 13 minutes. Approximate download size: 221 mb.
A new release from Zac Young, Down Memory Lane presents three different approaches to mentalism, providing effects based on memory manipulation as well as classic mind reading. Capable of playing to anything from a casual gathering with friends all the way to a formal parlor performance, each of these effects is designed to amaze.
Almost totally propless, these effects assume some existing mentalism experience and skills, but put them to use in new and clever ways.
Included effects are:
- Total Recall: a pseudo-NLP demonstration where the performer influences a participant’s memory.
- Playing with Frank: a pseudo-hypnotism routine where a participant is made to instantly forget things they just saw.
- Left-brain Synthesis Demonstration: a demonstration of impossible skill to determine a thought-of number followed by pure mind-reading.
This .pdf is made available via an instant download immediately after your purchase is fulfilled.
Note: One effect requires an iPhone to perform.
This item is currently on PRE-ORDER (Shipping Winter 2019). Each pen is hand-crafted, so stock will be created on a rolling basis. If you want to be one of the first to own this unique magic utility, pre-order today!
Introducing Pentalism! This innocuous, everyday-looking ballpoint pen can be carried around with you wherever you go, so that you're prepared to perform amazing mentalism effects anytime, anywhere.
Due to a unique system we've crafted alongside the pen itself, created by our very own Zac Young, the performer is able to discern characteristics from the spectators handwriting, allowing the performer to deduce previously unknown information. The possibilities are endless!
Each unit will ship with TWO pens and an instructional booklet.
A built-in mental selection effect, with a unique out for each outcome. These wallets were custom produced in a limited run by Mighty Wallets, and designed by Jackson "Jax" Ridd and Thomas Neal, in collaboration with Pinky Count Magic.
While the wallets can be used for the included mental selection effect, they may be woven in as the finale to numerous other routines, and include such magic classics as a custom Hofzinser card by Jeremy "Gaff Guy" Hanrahan.